About This Class
What You Learn
- Recipes to help you to make your own fruit bread and buns at home.
- What kind of flour to use for the best nutrition and results
- Hand mixing fruit bread doughs, hand shaping/molding and baking techniques.
What You Get
- Hands on, educational and fun
- Take home your freshly baked fruit loaf, and buns
- We will provide: Ingredients, Equipment, Course materials and Refreshments.
Sourdough Fruit loaves are so full of deliciousness, they are packed full of fruit and spices with just a hint of sweetness. We will explore the basics of sourdough bread making to create two different fruit breads along with some fruit buns – just in time for Easter!!!!!!
Participants will be limited to 10 to maintain an informal interactive format.
What To Bring
- Closed in, comfortable shoes.
- Apron and a container for your take home bread
What To Wear
- Casual clothes, things might get messy (limit your jewellery)
- Anyone interested in sourdough or fruit loaves
About Lyn Donaldson
I’ve always been a ‘cook’. I believe my passion for cooking and baking comes from my grandmother, my mum and those wonderful school cookery days where we learnt the ‘finer’ points of food etc and hopefully developed some basic home cooking skills.
I’m passionate about good food. I enjoy meeting people, sharing ideas and cooking techniques, but most importantly…. I love baking sour dough bread.
7 years ago, after a back injury forced my retirement, I embarked on a number of sourdough bread workshops at Brasserie Bakery in Melbourne. My sourdough bread journey had started and has continued to evolve since those early workshops. Knowing what makes sourdough bread ‘work’ can be a bit of challenge but, hopefully some of the tried and true methods I have discovered along the way will help you to also create beautiful and nutritious sourdough bread.
Hamilton College, The Hamilton and Alexandra Col, 1 Chaucer St, Hamilton VIC 3300, Australia
VIEW ON GOOGLE MAPS