About This Class
What You Learn
- How to bake sourdough bread free form and tin in a home oven
- What kind of flour to use for the best nutrition and results
- How to create and look after your own Sourdough starter culture
What You Get
- Starter culture - to keep the production going at home!
- Detailed notes
- Your own baked sourdough
Ever been interested in baking sourdough bread at home? Creating your own sourdough bread is easier than you might think. Join Lyn Donaldson, a long time dough devotee, demonstrate the age old process and introduce you to the equipment and skills required to get started with sourdough at home.
You will be baking fresh sourdough loaves - free form and tin. You will make your own bread dough to take home and bake the following day. At the end of the workshop each participant will have:
- A freshly baked sourdough loaf to take home
- Mixed sourdough dough, enough to bake a loaf the next day - this dough is also useful for pizza bases if you're breaded out!
- White and Rye flour along with sourdough starter to keep at home.
- Training notes, scoring knife and bowl scrapper
- The opportunity to purchase a baking tin on the day @ $30.00 – These are great quality and excellent to bake with. There is no obligation to purchase, the price is at cost.
Please bring a plastic container with a lid (1-2ltr is ideal) to take your dough home and a bag for other bits and pieces if you wish.
Everything is provided for a day of baking including a cuppa on arrival and Lunch in between baking.
Participants will be limited to 10 to maintain an informal interactive format.
What To Bring
- Please bring a plastic container 1-2ltr (min)
- Apron and camera (get some pics of your handy work!)
What To Wear
- Casual clothes, things might get messy.
- Anyone interested in sourdough.
Hamilton College, The Hamilton and Alexandra Col, 1 Chaucer St, Hamilton VIC 3300, Australia
VIEW ON GOOGLE MAPS